As many of you have found out about our new themeÂ DirectoryS. It comes with new features and particularities. But the most important thing is to be fearless.
You don’t have to be scary cause you won’t make it, you won’t manage it, quite opposite, one of the meaning of our new theme DirectoryS is to get the best of you, to make you broke your boundaries and push off the limits, to make you be your best version, to evolve and be successful.
DirectoryS is going to be your partner, is gonna take you far far far away in a successful trip with plenty of new features.
One of the most interesting features of DirectoryS is
Sites – a custom post type. This custom post type allows you to track, identify, publish and manage all the sites in a specific area. All you need to do is
Go to Dashboard > Sites: and Add New Site:
- After you name the site you want to display you should set the location on the Map Position section:
You can find:Â Map’s Latitude coordinates and Map’s Longitude coordinates by using this application
After setting the coordinates you can complete the Opening Hours: – here you can publish the daily schedule.Â in Site’s page will look like this :
Also if you would like you could check Show Rating: – if you want to display rating given by others visitors/customers.
Attention: If you remove one of the fields in Contact – you can’t add it back. You can also Remove Fields if there are unnecessary or Add Field if you need extra.
To better manage your sites you’ll need to add some locations and categories.
So for add/editing location just go to: Sites > Sites Locations:
And after you can go the Sites Categories and click Edit (Adding the BADGE)
- Name – the “name” is how it appears on your site.
- Slug – the “slug” is the URL-friendly version of the name. It is usually all lowercase and contains only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Parent – you can use this function if you have sub-categories
- Description – the description is not prominent by default; however, some themes may show it.
- Category badge
- Select Color – you can pic a desired color or enter the hex code of desired color
- Choose icon -Â you can choose the the icon which will be shown on the sitemap (you can add your own desired icon and should have the size: 37x37px)
- Generate badge
Now all you still need to do is Update it.
And after you’re done this should be the result on the map: